Friday, January 18, 2013

Handmade Rando-Style Handlebar Bags

So, a little plug here. My wife has been sewing up some really gorgeous rando/boxy style handlebar bags and is taking a shot at selling a few on Etsy.

Here's mine sitting on the bike right now:




She has a few for sale at her shop here: 


I have been riding my Soma San Marcos with a Velo Orange Rando Rack with one of her bags for the last year and love it. Having on-bike access to my stuff, never having to worry about if I have room to grab something at the store, it's like a mini cargo bike.

You should go check them out, really.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great! Is the canvas treated at all, or is there a rain cover?

James said...

Hi,

Mine is not treated but the canvas is durable and I haven't had an issue in moderate rain. In a downpour, I imagine that stuff inside would get wet. You could pretty easily treat the bag with some waterproofing spray as long as you check for color-fastness first.