Saturday, November 20, 2010

Great Product Support from PlanetBike

Thought I'd share a recent and great experience I had with PlanetBike.

For about a year I've used a 1/2 Watt Blaze as my helmet mounted be-seen light. I've been pretty happy with it (in spite of a dedicated helmet mount) and I think it's the right brightness for a backup light. I don't like the idea of having a super-bright helmet light as I don't want to blind other folks on the road or trail.

Monday I got to the office and "parked" my bike in its usual spot. Took off my helmet and sat it on the hoods of my LHT like I do every day. I must have bumped my bike, because before I knew it my helmet fell off my hood and fell right on the Blaze.

The light popped open and the it was pretty clear that it was done. The brackets the hold the lamp to the body (located just inside the body) all snapped off. Needless to say I was pretty disappointed. In a last-ditch hope I shot an email to the generic info@planetbike.com address, telling them what happened.

The next day, I got this response:

Hey James,

Thanks for your email. Sorry to hear that the mounting guides broke on your Blaze head light. Let me know an address you’d like a replacement case sent to and I’ll get one in the mail for you.

Please feel free to contact me with any further questions.

Thank you for your business and have a great day!

Kristin Wentworth

Warranty/Sales

I was thrilled! And, by this Friday (3 days from Kristin's e-mail) I had a brand new replacement body for my 1/2 watt Blaze! Just like that. No cost, no question, just some awesome customer service.

There's some internet chatter about Planet Bike being sold, which always makes us consumers a little nervous. I have a bunch of Superflash taillights and they are my favorite. I hope that the buyers of PlanetBike are at least bike people!

No comments: