Thursday, May 7, 2009

Through the winter....

Alright. I haven't posted in forever. forever, forever. Here's the quick and dirty.

1) I survived another winter sans-car. It didn't always go well. Icebike had some problems. There was one day of walking, pushing icebike. There were a few days of being carted to and from the light rail station by the wife. So maybe that doesn't count as sans-car. More on that story later.

2) It is now, again, springtime in Denver. Mornings in the 40s to low 50s, evenings in the 60s to 70s. Long and short, it is awesome. Warm weather means it is time to start rethinking the wardrobe too. 50 in the morning is just about too hot for the barrier jacket, so I'll be switching over to the optik jacket quite soon.

3) Springtime means lots more bike commuters and the crit guys in meridian back out training. Seeing lots of people on bikes always makes me happy. South denver seems to be doing really well in terms of commuters, always benefiting from the C470 trail, which isn't really my thing, but it is good that it gets a lot of use.

I will be back with more stories, good links and some bike lust.

No comments: